STUDENT NURSES' ASSOCIATION (SNA)
MIZORAM COLLEGE OF NURSING UNIT
Since the inception of the college, the Student Nurses' Association (SNA) has been an active and important part of the institution. The main purpose of forming the Association was to provide opportunity to the nursing students to facilitate their all round development .The Student Nurses' Association, popularly known as SNA, is a nation-wide organization of nursing students. It was established in 1929 at the time of annual conference of the TNAI (Trained Nurses Association of India) in Madras. A wide variety of activities are encouraged at all levels for the SNA members, keeping in view aims and objectives of the association. The diversity of activities are derived from the professional, social, cultural and recreational spheres to strengthen curricular and extracurricular activities of the student nurses.
SNA MCON Unit was formed in 1982 while the college was still a nursing school.
The aim of the SNA is to provide programs representative of fundamental and current professional interest concerns to nursing students. Membership in SNA aids in the development of the whole person, including the professional role.
Objectives of SNA
- To uphold the dignity and honour of the nursing profession.
- To promote participation in student community affairs.
- To involve the students in intercollegiate sports and cultural activities.
- To promote collaborative relationships with various health organizations.
- To bring out the talents and confidence of the students for the upliftment of self and society.
- To inculcate the value of espirit de corps.
- To develop leadership abilities among the students.
- To improve the students social contacts to enhance professional growth.
Activities of SNA MCON UNIT
- Organizing annual sports which include a variety of indoor and outdoor activities.
- Takes part in national biennial SNA meets
- Takes active part in annual state SNA meet
- The student body has a talented choir whose members actively participate in intercollegiate functions . The choir members also released a music video and they are highly sought after to perform at various functions organized by the state health department, and allied departments.
- Organizing cleanliness drive at the campus and nearby vicinities
- Organizes blood donation drive among the students of MCON
- Organizing observance of important events like Teacher’s day, farewell programs for graduating class each year , and for any retiring faculty in the institution.
- Organizing recreational events like advent Christmas, freshers’ social, farewell programs for the graduating students
- Takes active part in observance of important days like world health day, world mental health day, women’s day etc
- Fund raising activities.
- Student representatives are appointed as members of anti ragging committee .
The Office Bearers for Student Nurses' Association ( SNA) MCON Unit
- President : Mrs Lalchhanhimi , Principal, MCON
- Vice President : Malsawmtluangi , 4th yr
- Secretary : Lalnunsangi , 4th yr
- Treasurer : Hunlawmawmi 4th yr
- Asst. Secretary : Ramengmawii 3rd yr
- Finance secretary: Lalrinmawii, 2nd yr
- Faculty Advisor : Ms Zulvelin Vanlalrosangi Reia , Lecturer